Privacy & Cancellation Policy
This policy applies to all services provided by Vega Express LLC, Garuda Marketing LLC, Vega Express Delivery Services Private Ltd and Nexgen Logistics Private Ltd, its partners and carriers under the DBA (Doing Business as) Vega Express via Vega Express.com (&.net), GarudaBazaar.com(&.net), their offices, their agent offices or their partner carriers.
Vega Express Courier services (“Vega Express”) understands the importance of protecting the privacy of users of the Vega Express website www.VegaExpress.com. The information collected on the Vega Express website is used to market and improve the services of Vega Express and its subsidiaries’, to improve the content and services on the Vega Express web site and make it easier to use and more appropriate to individual users and to contact its users with updates to the web site or for other marketing purposes. Vega Express may use this information, with the users’ permission, for the above purposes.
Vega Express never shares any information obtained on or from the Vega Express website with any other organization, and will not do so in future, unless required by law. Vega Express will not sell information obtained through the Vega Express website to any party or parties.
The Vega Express website login currently provides users with access to Tracking, Location Finder, Price and Time Finder, Create Shipment and Request Pickup. In the future, Vega Express may add other features to those accessed through the Vega Express website Login.
Please also see the Vega Express ‘Conditions of Carriage’ for terms of carriage, limitations of liability, and disclaimers of warranty and general terms applicable to all delivery services and various information used and provided with the services of Vega Express.
Certain shipment data will be provided to the authorities of the country of transit or destination for customs and tax clearance or for security screening, as required by the laws of such country. The information provided would usually include: shipper name and address, receiver name and address, description of the goods, number of pieces, weight and value of shipment.
- Information collected about visitors to the Vega Express web site:
The Vega Express web server uses an extended log file format which captures: date and time of visit, referring address (location from which a visitor comes to the Vega Express website), type of Internet browser, and visitor’s IP address.
- Personal Information collected on the Vega Express website:
Several areas of the Vega Express website ask for personal information. They include the username registration, features of managing the user account of the users and registration pages for various online services offered by Vega Express on the Vega Express website. This list may be expanded without notice. In the event that it is expanded, additional information may be required. In these areas, the user’s name, address, email address, billing information, and business profile are requested. This information is collected to help us further develop Vega Express’s services, to provide users access to various Vega Express’s internet-based information and product services, and to bill users for those services if users elect to use them.
- Manner of use of the user information collected on the Vega Express website
The information collected through the Vega Express website site helps Vega Express identify the type of web site content the customers value most. Vega Express uses this information to market and improve the Vega Express website and its services. Vega Express also use this information to send you email notifications about updates to the Vega Express website, and to contact the users by other means for marketing and other purposes. Vega Express’s policy is to not give, sell or otherwise distribute the information collected through this site to third parties outside of Vega Express and its subsidiaries (unless required by law); provided, however, in some cases Vega Express may use suppliers to assist Vega Express in collecting, using or otherwise processing for Vega Express’s benefit the information obtained through the Vega Express website. Vega Express’s practice requires its suppliers to conduct such activities consistent with this policy and Vega Express’s requirements of maintaining privacy of Vega Express’s customers.
- Use of third party links on the Vega Express website
Parts of the Vega Express website consist of products and services hosted by subsidiaries and third-party businesses. When users leave the Vega Express website to visit one of these sites, the only information transferred to the third-party is the fact that the user came from the Vega Express website.
This practice allows the third-party to monitor their web site traffic, but does not provide them with any information about the users of the Vega Express website. Vega Express is not responsible or liable for the independent privacy policies of third-party sites. Users are advised to consult the privacy policies at those third party websites to determine how the user’s information may be used.
- Cookies, their functionality on the Vega Express website, how to remove them from the user’s hard drive:
A cookie is a series of data characters that, when programmed into a web site, is placed by the web server into the browser’s application folder on the user’s computer. Once placed onto the user’s computer, the cookie will allow the web site to “recognize” you as a unique user of the website.
Cookies can be removed from a user’s hard drive. Also, depending on what type of web browser and what browser version the user of the Vega Express website is using, users may be able to change the properties on their cookie file so that cookies are not used or saved. Please check with the browser provider for more information on removing cookies.
- SECURITY ALERT- SPAM MAILS
Fraudulent Email Alert:
You may be receiving reports of fraudulent emails with the subject lines “Shipping Conformation,” “Verify Info,” Promotion gifts and cheques” “Some important information is missing” and “Please fulfill the documents attached to verify your identity.” The fraudulent email may have an attached file that may contain a virus or other malware.
If you receive a message matching this description below, do not open the email or click on the attachment. Delete the email immediately or forward it to the corporate IT team & Vigilance team.
Vega Express does not request, via unsolicited mail or e-mail, payment or personal information in return for goods in transit or in Vega Express custody. If the fraudulent e-mail resulted in financial loss you should contact your banking institution immediately through the appropriate channels. Vega Express is not responsible for any charges or costs incurred as a result of unauthorized or fraudulent activity that abuses the Vega Express name, service marks and logos.
Common Warning Signs of Online Scams:
- Unexpected requests for money in return for delivery of a package, gifts from a promotion company, often with a sense of urgency.
- Requests for personal and/or financial information.
- Links to misspelled or slightly altered Web-site addresses (Vega Express,Com, Vega Express Express Inc..etc.)
- Spelling and grammatical errors or excessive use of capitalization and exclamation points.
- Claims that you have won a large sum of money in a lottery or settlement.
- Cancellation by Customer: Once a shipment is dispatched from location where the package is dropped off, the service cannot be cancelled by the customer. In case of requests for shipment cancellations, Vega Express reserves the right to accept or reject requests for shipment cancellations for any reason whatsoever. If Vega Express approves cancellation of shipment, Vega Express shall refund the entire amount to you instantly.
- Cancellation by Vega Express: There may be certain shipments that Vega Express and or its partners are unable to accept or accept but unable to service and these may need to be cancelled. Some situations that may result in service being cancelled (but not limited to) are 1) the non- availability of the delivery service to the address to which customers package is required to be shipped, 2) Inaccuracies or errors in package content information specified by customer or agent, identified as prohibited by Vega Express’s compliance department. Vega Express will contact you if all or any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to ship your order. If your order is cancelled after your credit card or bank account has been charged, the said amount will be reversed back in your credit card / bank account. If the shipment had to be canceled due to a mistake on your part, Vega Express reserves the right to determine the refund amount. A promo code, once used shall not be refunded in case of cancellation of order either by Customer or Vega Express.
- You agree not to dispute the decision made by Vega Express and accept Vega Express’s decision regarding the cancellation.